Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

23rd Works Coy Kings Liverpool Regiment

Julia Gower

I’m looking for a picture of the King’s Liverpool Regiment 23rd Works Coy or 488th Labour Corps. My great grandfather was in both but I don’t know what he looks like. A distant relative has a couple of pictures and we’re trying to see if one of them might be of him. I know it’s a very long shot but you never know!

16 hours ago, Julia Gower said:

A distant relative has a couple of pictures and we’re trying to see if one of them might be of him.

If the two pictures that you have are in uniform then post them on the Forum, then the uniform experts here may be able to identify a regiment.

This might perhaps rule them out.

BillyH.

Hi. Thanks for replying. Unfortunately the photo that might be him isn’t in uniform. 

There is is a photo of a man with a Manchester Regiment cap badge but i assume that if he was in the Kings Liverpool Regiment in the 23rd Works Coy he would still be in the Kings Liverpool when he moved to the 488th Labour Corps? 

Many thanks

Julia

There are real cap badge experts on here (and I am afraid I am not one of them) but - - - - -

Although it is not the usual Labour Corps badge, this one currently on ebay LOOKS to me rather like a Manchester's badge.

Please try to post an image, fuzzy or not, and someone here will identify what it actually is.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/323367528544?chn=ps

BillyH.

Edited by BillyH

Hi Billy

This is the photograph. It was emailed to me sideways and I only have an iPad (and am rubbish with it!) so can’t revolve it. 

Does it it give any clues??

Thank you

Julia

20180718_002640.jpg

Well as I have said before, i'm no expert, Julia - but to me it looks like the Labour Corps badge in post #4

I think you should post the image in the 'Uniforms & Cap Badges' part of the Forum, which will attract the attention of the badge experts.

Give a link to this post as well in order to avoid duplicate research.

BillyH.