Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

330th Brigade RFA

Aaron Nelson

Hi Pals,

I have the war diary of the 330th Brigade RFA from May 1917 to May 1919.

Happy to do any look ups you require. Best to email me as well as post to ensure a speedier response. 330 Brigade were part of the divisional artillery for the 66th East lancanshire division.

Best regards Aaron Nelson.

• 3 months later...
Guest edwinwrg4751
Hi Pals,

I have the war diary of the 330th Brigade RFA from May 1917 to May 1919.

Happy to do any look ups you require. Best to email me as well as post to ensure a speedier response.  330 Brigade were part of the divisional artillery for the 66th East lancanshire division.

Best regards Aaron Nelson.

many thanks can you look up any mention of mm award to 173868 gnr e.wright rfa.

i would love to strike lucky and to know he may have been mentioned.

poor old grndad died in 70s after years of being senile. i used to take him out for walks when i was on leave and i couldnt question him

Just to clarify, Aaron.

The above award was gazetted 15-3-1918. Gunner Wright was in Battery "B" of the 330th Brigade RFA.

His award probably dates from December 1917 but may be a couple of months either side (just to narrow your search)

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Happy to do these look ups, but you do need to email me, as I check my email more often than logging on to this site. Edwin got his info OK.

cheers Aaron.

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Aaron,

Could you look for a mention of Corporal W.G. Coe, who was Mentioned in Despatches whilst attached to C/330th. He may have joined the Brigade around November 1917, as his regular Brigade moved to Italy at this time. Thanks in advance.

Hi Sandcroft,

There is this entry for 3rd November 1917.

3rd A fine day LIEUT. W.D. HEALY to 4th Army Arty School, VAUK EN AMIENOIS. LIEUT R. Mc ARTHUR returned from hospital at ROUEN. - CAPT. T.A HOWSON embarked at BOULOGNE proceeding on leave. The Baths at OUTTERSTEENE were again made use of. A draft of 4 Sgts , 2 Cpls , 2 Bdrs Dvi was posted to Bde.

Your man may have been one of the two Cpls mentioned here. This may clarify the actual date he joined 330. Im still looking, so will post more if I find any anything else. Any idea when he was mentioned in despatches, I could look that date up as well for you.

cheers Aaron.

Sandcroft

No mention of Coe, sorry about that. However C/330 is mentioned many times from November 1917 onwards, happy to post these entries here if you wish, might be an idea to give me more specific dates and happy to provide. The diary runs right through to May of 1919.

Cheers Aaron.

Dear Aaron,

Thank you for your reply. The draft of men to the Brigade in November 1917 is interesting, it may well be the time he joined the 330th. The only reference I have for the Mentioned in Despatches, is when it appeared in London Gazette of July 1919. Thanks again for looking.