The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

May Someone Help Me In Finding My Relative? (German)

Hello, this is my first post on the Great War Forum.  I've been interested in the conflict for a long time and am just now starting to really dig into it's history.  I'd like to start by learning more about my relative who fought for the German army.  I received a collection of FeldPost cards from my Grandparent's estate.  Now, granted, I can make out the name Schumacher on the cards, but I cannot make out much else.  Can someone please help me in finding out more about the soldier from whom these cards came?  I would be most appreciative.

Here's the front-side of one of the cards:

Schumacher1.thumb.JPG.67d5892201bbe87fd36939833c7580e4.JPG

Also, since this is my first time visiting or posting to the forum, I was just wondering if someone can help me as to the organization of this forum?  I cannot seem to find a pinned post that describes the various sub-forums or where to post certain inquiries such as this one.  

Best Regards,

Robert Schumacher

Edited by Guest

Robert

Welcome to the Forum. You have posted this in the correct sub forum. At first glance the card is from Kanonier (rank - gunner) Schumacher of No 4 Battery, 59 Field Artillery Regiment to the Schumacher family. I'm sure someone will be along shortly with more information.

Brian

Hello,

The adresses on the cards and what is shown on the picture side may help to reconstruct his service. Now we don't even have a first name...

This letter was written by a Kanonier who was at that time in the Rekruten-Depot of Feldartillerie-Regiment 59 in Köln Riehl.

Regards,

Jan

I appreciate the responses so far.  I have a lot more.  I will try and see if I can find some with a first name.  None of them have pictures on the back.  They are all letters to his family I’m presuming.

22 minutes ago, Jrmh said:

Birnbach, Kreis Altenkirchen.

No: Rimbach, Post Birnbach, Kreis Altenkirchen.

Edited by AOK4