Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The Register of the Southern Africa Airmen of The Great War 1914-191

Errol Martyn

This book by Michael Schoeman was published this year by Lithotech of Cape Town.

Has anyone had any success in ordering a copy? There was a review in Cross & Cockade whose copy was supplied by Clarke's Books of Cape Town - an email to Clarke's three weeks ago brought forth no reply. Another outfit call Foxhole of Cape Town stocks the book but, amazingly, does not accept PayPal or credit cards - cash or EFT bank transfer only all of which sounds highly dodgy. The Aviation Bookshop in England does not stock the book.

The book appears to be a most promising one. Just a shame the author is so poorly served by Cape Town retailers.

Errol

Edited by Errol Martyn

34 minutes ago, Errol Martyn said:

Another outfit call Foxhole of Cape Town stocks the book but, amazingly, does not accept PayPal or credit cards - cash or EFT bank transfer only all of which sounds highly dodgy.

And it might be revealing to translate their quoted prices into your local currency.

Have a look at the webpage for the South African Military History Society- the publish a list of booksellers who  either stock military books or will have a go.

We have  found Thorold useful in years past. Or try Collectors Treasury.

The SAMHS listing has  a good list of e-mail addresses with its listing

Edited by Guest

Many thanks GUEST,

I was not aware of the SAMHS website and its helpful info.

Cheers,

Errol

I recd a notice from CITY COINS offering the book a few months ago.  An old established medal & coin dealer in SA & in my experience very reliable. Not sure about the price, can;'t recall the amount but it is in RANDS. They do accept credit cards but not sure of Paypal. I have no connection with them but have dealt with them for many yrs & always been very satisfied.

The book is appearing as available from the following site, which seems to be a South African  version of Ebay or Gumtree.  

World War 1 - The Register of the Southern Africa Airmen of The Great ...

https://www.bidorbuy.co.za › Militaria › Medals › World War 1
The Register of the Southern Africa Airmen of The Great War 1914 / 1918 in the World War 1 category for sale in Cape Town (ID:345285273)

Many thanks Loader and GUEST.

No response to an email sent three days ago to Thorolds so will now try City Coins (third time lucky, perhaps!). The bidorbuy outfit is a cash or EFT only one (which looks a bit dodgy to me).

Cheers,

Errol

Loader,

Just a brieflet to advise that I have received a rapid and helpful email reply from City Coins. Many thanks for putting me onto them.

Cheers,

Errol

Glad to hear it. Very fine folks & very mindful of the needs of their customers & go to great lengths to assure customer satisfaction. I've never had a bad experience with them.

Mrs. Jaffe & her team are real professionals.