Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

red cross vad records, site down ??

jwp2007

Just wondered if anyone was having problems with this site, for the last week searches bring up no results,even tried some searches on previous hits I have had but all coming up as no results now !,

Cheers, John.

2 hours ago, jwp2007 said:

Just wondered if anyone was having problems with this site, for the last week searches bring up no results,even tried some searches on previous hits I have had but all coming up as no results now !,

Cheers, John.

Trying common names like Smith and Jones returns nothing for me.

Craig

I've noticed it as been down for a couple of months this is what it says on it's site.

https://www.redcross.org.uk/about-us/our-history

The First World War

Our database of First World War volunteers is currently down for maintenance. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Mike.

It came back on but only the transcript was available not the images of the card. Now it has completely gone again.

We can only hope it returns as sometimes the transcripts are not 100% as typically they are typed in by some one who is not fully conversant with history.

8 hours ago, deacs said:

I've noticed it as been down for a couple of months this is what it says on it's site.

https://www.redcross.org.uk/about-us/our-history

The First World War

Our database of First World War volunteers is currently down for maintenance. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Mike.

4 hours ago, ForeignGong said:

It came back on but only the transcript was available not the images of the card. Now it has completely gone again.

We can only hope it returns as sometimes the transcripts are not 100% as typically they are typed in by some one who is not fully conversant with history.

many thanks, John.