Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

B Siege Battery RGA

johntanner

I assume that B Siege Battery was a home based training unit.  Can anyone tell me where it was located in 1916 and 1917?

John

John I’m not sure that RGA Siege Batteries were given letters but think they were numbered. There were lettered sub-sections within some  Batteries, for example I researched one soldier from my village who was in 203rd Battery B Subsection of RGA. I may be wrong.

Probably B Depot Siege Artillery at Bexhill. Thanks.

1 hour ago, johntanner said:

Probably B Depot Siege Artillery at Bexhill. Thanks.

Not necessarily. There were lettered batteries at some siege depots, but you would have to post the details of where you have seen this before trying to find whether it was B Siege Artillery Depot. Unfortunately some of the entries are incorrect on the LLT with regards the artillery units of the RGA.

Kevin

On 09/05/2018 at 22:12, kevinrowlinson said:

Not necessarily. There were lettered batteries at some siege depots, but you would have to post the details of where you have seen this before trying to find whether it was B Siege Artillery Depot. Unfortunately some of the entries are incorrect on the LLT with regards the artillery units of the RGA.

Kevin

This casualty -died home - https://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/2740546/clements,-archibald/