Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Restraunts/Le Tommie

paullaw1155

Four of us re visiting the Somme Mid may for two nights, We have booked an evening meal for first night at our accomadation. We do not want to be tied to a set time for meal on second night, we wish to spend as much time exploring the battlefields as we can :unsure: . The second day/night is a Monday are there any places open/ reccomended so that we can stop for a decent meal then drive on. What about le Tommie at Pozziers????.

One of the only places I know that is open on a Monday is Le Poppy at La Boisselle. some people like it some don't, I have been there once and I can't really complain about it.

Four of us re visiting the Somme Mid may for two nights, We have booked an evening meal for first night at our accomadation. We do not want to be tied to a set time for meal on second night, we wish to spend as much time exploring the battlefields as we can :unsure: . The second day/night is a Monday are there any places open/ reccomended so that we can stop for a decent meal then drive on. What about le Tommie at Pozziers????.

Hi I can recommend le tommie I visited it last year in july and I'm back there in feb,they are friendly and the cafe has lots of ww1 goodies to look at on the walls,also the owner who by the way is Dominque,has a great display in his garden of a battlefield,well worth a look!! :D

See his site at:

http://www.letommy.com/

Beware the pop-ups on this site!

I am having to access the internet from a library at the moment thanks to BT not repairing a fault for over a week.

The library system barred me from the site & I could see why!

Looks good Paul.

Thanks.

By the way if you buy food and drink alot of wine and talk to him in broken french he'll sell you some great relics to take home,I came home with some great stuff,which by the way I didn't dig up or metal detect to find he pointed to a cage which is locked up in his garden! full of rusty relics waiting to be appreciated by great war nerds like me,where I come from they call that sorted!! Take a look you won't be disappointed!! :lol:

Call me strange but I do not buy relics, from anywhere.

The only thing I ever buy at Tommies is beer and, once only, a plate of chips!!

Call me strange but I do not buy relics, from anywhere.

The only thing I ever buy at Tommies is beer and, once only, a plate of chips!!

So you never buy relics shame that ,each to there own,all the more for me!