Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Last post at ploegsteert

gixsermalc

Hi hoping to get along to ploegsteert memorial for the last post in April . Anyone done it and have any tips or recommend any thing I should plan for parking road closures etc thank you

Edited by gixsermalc

Yep I’ve been there, just over the road from Ploegsteert Memorial is a restaurant the owner is called Claude he speaks excellent English and will give advice and tips on the ceremony. You can park there and maybe even have a bite to eat or a drink.

Hi thank you forgot about the cafe, we went there a number of years ago my grandad is named there. Hence why the visit in April just wondering what to expect as regards to how busy it will be.for parking etc 

It’s mostly local people who attended and like the gate ceremony you can never be sure how many people might attend, it’s in my opinion a little less formal but if you wish to lay a wreath Claude in the cafe is you point of contact. I believe he is on the committee who organise the event.

• 2 weeks later...

Bonjour chers amis, pour suivre les activitées du Comité du Last-Post à Ploegsteert je vous informe que chaque premier vendredi du mois a 19hrs un Last-Post est organiser au Mémorial de Ploegsteert.    Le comité possède une page Facebook :    ''  Last Post comité du Mémorial de Ploegsteert ''     Salutations amicales.   Walbeer.