Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

WW1 Royal Field Artilery 4th Brigade/66th Brigade Tom Pyle Hart

Hello,

I am looking to locate the whereabouts of Tom Pyle Hart during April 1916 - May 1916

66th Battery RFA Regiment 62935 Driver 
Service no: 62935

Through research we understand he was in 4th Brigade Royal Field Artilery or 66th Battery, but understand they served together for a lot of the war.

I am searching for my Grandmother whom is trying to piece together the ancestory of her family - She has been trying for years but does not use the internet so is getting stuck as to where to look next. We have his medal card and a letter from the nurse informing his wife of his death.

Any knowledge or advice would be most appreciated 

best wishes

Grace

Welcome to the Forum Grace,

Your question is very difficult to answer due to the absence of a service record. All we can gather, from his Medal Index Card, is that he arrived from India with 4th Brigade RFA at Marseilles on October 14, 1914. You seem to have additional information which leads you to believe he was in 66th Battery in 4th Brigade RFA. Placing him after this is near impossible as we know that when he died in 1918 he was with HQ 72nd Brigade RFA. You need to know when this move happened. 4th Brigade RFA left France for Mesopotamia in December 1915 and never returned. If you have anything else that you can add about the man it may help, for example, is a unit given on his marriage in 1915?

• 7 months later...

Hello Tom Pylle Hart was my Grandfather 's younger brother.  I didn't know about him until I was exploring our family tree.  I know his wife's name was Minnie.  I also was able to get a photo of his grave.  His name was on the Exmouth Memorial. 

Best wishes

Pat Andrews (new Hart)

On 18/02/2018 at 21:21, GraceDaisy said:

Hello,

I am looking to locate the whereabouts of Tom Pyle Hart during April 1916 - May 1916

66th Battery RFA Regiment 62935 Driver 
Service no: 62935

Through research we understand he was in 4th Brigade Royal Field Artilery or 66th Battery, but understand they served together for a lot of the war.

I am searching for my Grandmother whom is trying to piece together the ancestory of her family - She has been trying for years but does not use the internet so is getting stuck as to where to look next. We have his medal card and a letter from the nurse informing his wife of his death.

Any knowledge or advice would be most appreciated 

best wishes

Grace

Hello Grace

I think this must be my Grandfather's younger brother.  I knew nothing about him until researching our family tree.  I was able to find out where his grave was in France and his name is on the Exmouth war memorial. 

Best wishes 

Pat Andrews  (nee Hart)

Hello Grace

I think this must be my Grandfather's younger brother.  I knew nothing about him until researching our family tree.  I was able to find out where his grave was in France and his name is on the Exmouth war memorial. 

Best wishes 

Pat Andrews  (nee Hart)