Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

German infantry doctrine at Battalion level 1916

Is there a German equivalent of Paddy Griffith's work " British battle tactics of the western front"?

I'm looking for a comprehensive guide on how the Germans planned and fought the tactical battle. Does one exist? 

On this matter, you may also be interested in the following if not already read/gleaned:

Book review of the above by H. Strachen

Review/analysis of said book by www.army.gov.au

Also found, but The Prussian may be best placed to comment on:

Major Stackpole's (West Point) thesis: GERMAN TACTICS IN THE "MICHAEL" OFFENSIVE MARCH 1918 (and book)

Dr. Robert T. Foley's article Breaking Through: The German Concept of Battle in 1918

Edited by TGM

Hello!

The two pdf are very interesting. Unfortunately Gudmundssons book is the only one I have, because there seem to be a few in english language, but I don´t know any good books in german language.

I could recommend the german manual:

Ausbildungs-Vorschrift für die Fußtruppen im Kriege (1917 and 1918)
https://www.euro-book.co.uk/book/no/d85ed7f06e1f56c2da862f55fda3069b.html?author=&coverState=&doAbeDe=1&doAchtungBuecher=1&doAko=1&doAlibris=1&doAmazon=1&doAmazonCom=1&doAmazonEs=1&doAmazonFr=1&doAmazonIt=1&doAmazonUk=1&doAudibile=1&doAudiobooks=1&doBbBuch=1&doBetterworld=1&doBiblio=1&doBlackwell=1&doBn=1&doBookdepository=1&doBooklooker=1&doBruna=1&doBuch24=1&doBuchfreund=1&doBuchhaus=1&doBuchmarie=1&doCasaDelLibro=1&doCiando=1&doDodaxAt=1&doDodaxCh=1&doDodaxDe=1&doEBay=1&doEBooknl=1&doEbooks=1&doEbookscom=1&doEci=1&doElsevier=1&doFnac=1&doFnacEs=1&doFoyles=1&doGoogle=1&doHive=1&doHoepli=1&doHugendubel=1&doIbs=1&doImosver=1&doIndigo=1&doJokers=1&doKobo=1&doLaFeltrinelli=1&doLehmanns=1&doLibriEB=1&doLibroco=1&doLonelyplanet=1&doLuisterboeken=1&doMedimops=1&doMomoxshop=1&doMondadori=1&doMusicnotes=1&doNotenbuch=1&doOrellfuessli=1&doPalgrave=1&doPriceminister=1&doProlibri=1&doProxis=1&doScholastic=1&doSpringer=1&doStudystore=1&doThaliaDe=1&doTheBookPeople=1&doThriftbooks=1&doVoordeelboekenonline=1&doWaterstones=1&doWordery=1&doZVAB=1&fromDateDays=7&isbn=&land=&maxJahr=&maxPrice=&mediatype=&minJahr=&minPrice=&noBids=0&noReprint=0&pageLen=200&proSearch=&professionalState=&publisher=&search=&search_submit=suchen&title=Ausbildungsvorschrift+Fußtruppen&updatePresets=1&updateProState=1&usedState=

Edited by The Prussian