Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

L-23290 DVR R C CRANE R.A

madman

Hi all can anyone help with any info on this man's ww1 service please I am struggling for anything other than a Mic but it may just be me 

atb Nd thanks 

Nathan 

Edited by madman
Misspelling

His number points to an enlistment around April 24, 1915 and being posted to 34th Divisional Ammunition Column. He has a second number on his MIC which shows he re-enlisted at the end of the war rather than be demobilized.

1 hour ago, David Porter said:

His number points to an enlistment around April 24, 1915 and being posted to 34th Divisional Ammunition Column. He has a second number on his MIC which shows he re-enlisted at the end of the war rather than be demobilized.

Thanks very much for your help 

6 minutes ago, aim said:

If he re-enlisted at the end of the War, does that mean the MoD will still have his records?

aim

IMHO not necessarily. It depends on the terms of enlistment and whether he served past 1921. There were various short term enlistments available to recently demobilised soldiers in 1919.

I've seen a few sets of soldiers papers on Ancestry for those who enlisted in the Territorial Army, when they started recruiting again in 1921, after being demobilised post war.

Steve