Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Looking for info on two Brothers Sephton (RFC)

John Purdie

Hi I am looking for information on two brothers who served in the RFC During WW1

Alfred Sephton service number 2473 who I believe was an AM1. I think he has a medal card, ref

WO 372/17/225818

Alec Sephton a little sketchy on information but have a ref 

AIR 76/454/99

Any information on either would be very helpful

Thanks

John

In regard Alec if born in 1895 and address of Newton le Willows, he has an RAF Officers File....giving previous service with the 9th Btn Gordon Highlanders....

Andy 

Screenshot_20180206-190543.jpg

Might I ask, out of personal curiosity and coming from a Navy town (Plymouth), whether this was the same family as Petty Alfred Sephton VC, lost with HMS Coventry off Crete  in May 1941?

Morning guest

That is the question that started me looking into my family tree, this is on my Mums side.

I think there is a link there, however not direct (or close) it is something my Mum has talked about, however not sure the relationship

The Sephton's are a big family especially around the  Warrington, St Helens, North Liverpool Area. Bigger than I thought!

On a side note, his VC was on display at Coventry Cathedral, however was stolen in the 25th September 1990 and hasn't been seen since.

Do you have any information on Alfred E Sephton VC?

15 hours ago, HolymoleyRE said:

In regard Alec if born in 1895 and address of Newton le Willows, he has an RAF Officers File....giving previous service with the 9th Btn Gordon Highlanders....

Andy 

Thanks Andy

Makes interesting reading and raises more questions

For Alec the D.o.B is correct. Interesting that he ended up in the Highlanders.

Alfred is interesting reading too

Another one of the brothers was John William Sephton who I think server in the 9th Kings Liverpool.

however his story ends on the 25th September 1915, first day of the Battle of Loos

Thanks

John

• 1 year later...

Have you looked at reginald William Sephton on the Brunel University website-  he was a teacher and Brunel have done profiles from they inherited from various London teacher training colleges. Has a photograph of him as well.