Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Hotel Regina Ypres-up and running again?

salientguide

Help from pals please,  - have just had news today company undertaking our April tour to Ypres has gone into liquidation. However they have passed us to another coach company but we are being transferred to the Hotel Regina Market Square. Looking this up on reviews it appears this hotel was closed for refurb last year. Can any pal in Ypres or recently visited re-assure me the hotel is again up and running? Thanks SG

I too was looking at hotels in Ieper for a possible trip this coming year, but clicking around online it seems that the Regina is still closed. Or am I wrong? Perhaps someone who lives in Ieper can update us all. Many thanks.

William

Hi Ian,

Yes, last time I visited Iepers I stayed in the Ariane too, my second choice would be Albion, (and I have stayed in the Ambrosia when I was short of funds) but I was keen to find out what was happening with the Regina: it looks as though SalientGuide may have been booked into a hotel which no longer exists.

William

Thanks chaps have now heard from the coach company it is undergoing refurbishment and due open in March. We are arriving April so awaiting confirmation of booking . SG

• 2 months later...

Just to update all on the Hotel New Regina. arrived with coach Thursday half expecting builders skips and scaffolding  ---but all well hotel open in fact we were first coach party.

Has been totally refurbished, very modern and bright design, Staff very helpful and friendly can't praise them high enough when a trip member collapsed in the restaurant, with their help ambulance summoned and whipped off to hospital straight away. Happily back again 24 hours later. Breakfast very good,  hotplates with bacon egg, beans, frankfurters etc and usual cereals, breads drinks etc. They did a great dinner for 22 at the end and coped amazingly well with a very mixed menu some fixed price, some wanting a la carte etc.

So speak as you find,  -- highly recommended and passes the test -- would I stay there again, yes newly refurbished clean smaller hotel well situated on market square, good breakfast and good food in their attached restaurant.

Hope thats useful for pals SG,

Edited by salientguide
spelling