Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Can anybody confirm that these men came from Templecombe in Somerset. I have references as to where they lived but cannot trace them in the archives. I intend planting poppies for every British, Empire and Commonwealth soldier who died along the verges through the village. I also intend putting up a cross for each soldier from Templecombe who fought so I need to verify the names so far I have 65 names plus these. South Somerset Highways have approved the poppies in principle but think I need a Licence costing £150 and up to £450for legal fees in order for me to erect the crosses, Isn't this disgusting! I am doing this as a Parish Council project and they are insuring it Comments please to Highways South Somerset District Council, Brympton Way Veovil.

Edited by Guest
extend information

7 minutes ago, g.wilson said:

Can anybody confirm that these men came from Templecombe in Somerset. I have references as to where they lived but cannot trace them in the archives. I intend planting poppies for every British, Empire and Commonwealth soldier who died along the verges through the village. I also intend putting up a cross for each soldier from Templecombe who fought so I need to verify the names so far I have 65 names plus these. South Somerset Highways have approved the poppies in principle but want £150 for a licence and up to £450for legal fees in order for me to erect the crosses, Isn't this disgusting! Comments please

Can you provide any service details you have for the men ?

Craig

The library staff at Gillingham should be able to assist (or Stalbridge or Milborne Port).

• 1 month later...