Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Erin (anti) Gas School

Gareth Davies

I know that the Heavy Branch/Tank Corps had their (anti) gas School at Erin.  I know the establishment, the class size, and the length of the course.  But that's all I know and I am keen to know a little more and in particular I am curious about what simulants were used to represent gas.  Where should I go looking?

Edit:  It seems that gas rather than a stimulant was used in some Gas schools and sometimes students were hospitalised during the gas attack on the final day (from Tim Cook's No Place To Run).  

Edited by Gareth Davies

2 hours ago, Gareth Davies said:

I know that the Heavy Branch/Tank Corps had their (anti) gas School at Erin.  I know the establishment, the class size, and the length of the course.  But that's all I know and I am keen to know a little more and in particular I am curious about what simulates were used to represent gas.  Where should I go looking?

Have you tried the museum at Porton Down?  I`m not sure what documentation they have?  Or do Winterbourne Gunner have any archives - or a record of what they were doing which might be transferable?

Regards, Paul