Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Looking for help Dvr 62366, Edward Tyler, RFA

Dazscuba

I have three medals of 

62366 Dvr Edward Tyler RFA

and cann only see the medal index card and medal records. 

Can anybody help me with any further information please. 

I have the envelope which the medals were sent in and this have the following on

Mr T Tyler 

71 First Ave

Romfird Rd

Manoe Park 

Thanks thought if not on Ancestry then maybe on FMP and then ours go to library next week.

Also maybe someone might have found his DOB etc  

58 minutes ago, Dazscuba said:

Thanks thought if not on Ancestry then maybe on FMP and then ours go to library next week.

Also maybe someone might have found his DOB etc  

In respect of service records they should both have the full set of surviving records - the difference is usually that FMP indexing and search engine is far superior, Ancestry is almost impossible to use if you need anything other than a basic search. FMP have also indexed extra documents they found within  service records, so casualty lists etc.

Craig

By looking at close numbers in the Silver War Badge records (on Ancestry) and two in the service records (62368 & 62370) it appears that he attested and was posted on 11th January 1915.

Mike

Just now, Langdon said:

By looking at close numbers in the Silver War Badge records (on Ancestry) and two in the service records (62368 & 62370) it appears that he attested and was posted on 11th January 1915.

Mike

Thanks Mike - I hadn't looked at that yet. That means we can say he was probably then born no later than 1897.

Craig

Assuming the address given earlier is the one now in Newham I can't as yet see anything in the 1911 census for that particular address that jumps out. Problem is that Newham was only formed in 1965, prior to that the area fell in to different districts.

Craig

Thanks just looked and Manor Park is in East Ham, Essex but still can’t find anything. 

I am new and not great at this 

Thanks just looked and Manor Park is in East Ham, Essex but still can’t find anything. 

i assume that the recipitant on this T Tyler as the initial is the same as the surname 

5195E45C-5691-4238-A7D7-0764E3C49EDF.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Dazscuba said:

Thanks - wasn't sure which part if came under.

Certainly looks like T Tyler to me.

I can't see anybody of a likely age to be Edward in the suggested area - the only candidates in 1911 in the right sort of area would appear to be too old in general to be likely competitors. If he's moved around then the chance of finding him is small. In 1911 a John and Emma Balls lived at 71 First Avenue.

Craig

His entry date of August 31, 1915 puts him most likely going overseas with 24th Divisional Artillery. Sometimes an embarkation date is given so pinning down to a brigade is rather difficult. However, it should be 107th, 108th or 109th Brigade RFA, unless he was in a separate reinforcement draft.

Hi,

Have you looked for him on the London electoral rolls on Ancestry?

Steve

Steve no how do I do that

just looked thanks and still nothing that I can see

Edited by Dazscuba