Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Pennington Sacrifice in the Great War

cliffcole

I live in Pennington Village, Hampshire and I would like to get a copy of the above book. I believe that it was written by Cockram, Stephens and Williams and  published in 2007.

I understand that there are a number of names missing from the local memorial and I would be keen to get the council to recognise the fact before the November remembrance activities. If any member can advise where I could obtain a copy I would appreciate it.

Hello

It looks like the book is available from Lymington library - Pennington Sacrifice / compiled by: John Cockram, Joan Stephens and Richard Williams.

If you are unable to get access to it, let me know as they have a copy at the British Library.  I am going there in a couple of weeks, so could get a copy of the names for you.

Jacks

Thanks Jack, I'll get down there this week.

Saying that, I would still like a copy of my own. I've tried Abe Books but they don't have one. Has anyone any suggestions?

23 minutes ago, cliffcole said:

Thanks Jack, I'll get down there this week.

Saying that, I would still like a copy of my own. I've tried Abe Books but they don't have one. Has anyone any suggestions?

I would just keep looking on Abe , Amazon and E-bay and if you have accounts with them put it on your wants list . Also local charity shops may be

a place to look , as it is a local book they may have been given an unwanted copy .