Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Parking on or near the Grote market Ypres

Swann RAnger

Thinking of booking a hotel on the main square in June for a few nights Is it possible to park without being charged nearby?

thank you in advance

Paul

As far as I'm aware there's free parking in front of the Ariane Hotel (I don't think it is restricted to hotel guests, but not certain) however it is a 500 yard walk to the Cloth Hall/ Grote Markt, I  think.

Paul,

You'll find this link useful, especially the parking Zones map.

http://www.toerismeieper.be/en/stadsplan.html

It is free parking in the square from 17:00 - 09:00. But be aware if your car is parked in the square when the market sets up early hours of Saturday morning (not sure if any other day) they will tow your car away.

R'ds

Sajackr

11 hours ago, Interested said:

free parking in front of the Ariane Hotel (I don't think it is restricted to hotel guests, but not certain

There are no signposts at the hotel to suggest that this private property is open to non-guests for parking.

Free parking outside the prison, next to Ypres Reservoir Cemetery.

It depends upon where you are looking to park.

The Grote Marktis pay and display during the day, but free after six. MArket days, along with fairs, etc., can be a problem.

Some of th streets around th square are also pay and display, but not far away you come across The Blue Zone. Buy a blue badge (looks a bit like a disabled badge, and it costs about a couple of euros), and you can park free in th blue zone for up to three hours. This seems to me to be a good investment, since you can set it when you get back of an evening, and so don't have to worry about moving th car until noon, by which time you are probably out somewhere anyway. It also means you can park there from three in th afternoon onwards.

bruce