Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

3'' Stokes Mortar MK 1-Original Pamphlets

mark holden

I was very fortunate to acquire this selection of original Trench Mortar related pamphlets associated with 61st LTM Battery 20th Division. Happy to share post any content forum members may want to know.

Mark

IMG_7998.JPG

IMG_8005.JPG

IMG_8006.JPG

24 minutes ago, mark holden said:

I was very fortunate to acquire this selection of original Trench Mortar related pamphlets associated with 61st LTM Battery 20th Division. Happy to share post any content forum members may want to know.

Mark

IMG_7998.JPG

IMG_8005.JPG

IMG_8006.JPG

Hi

A very nice collection of pamphlets.  Could I suggest that you post a list of these on this thread that clearly shows their SS (Stationary Service) number or other number where appropriate, their full title and their issue date.  Looking at the images it appears some of these do not as yet appear on the 'List of Stationary Service Pamphlets' that has been compiled by Peter Hodgkinson/Simon Justice/Tony Bell.  Any that could be added would make the list go a bit more towards being fully inclusive.

Thanks

Mike

1 hour ago, mark holden said:

Fantastic find singly, but to find that many....the collecting gods are with you.

kind regards,

Dave.

• 1 year later...

The picture of the soldier with the Stokes strapped to his back.  I think this is the only photograph I have ever seen of the "T-handle" configuration for a Stokes.  What is the name of that book that it is in?

Thanks,

Brilliant. Green with envy!