Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Rancourt Museum

KIRKY

I believe there is a small museum in Rancourt on the Somme, does anyone know dates and times for opening as I would like to go in March.

Tony

in the local newspaper, Aug. 17 : Le musée se visite à la demande. Il suffit d’aller sonner chez Marie-Thérèse et Jean-Pierre Desain, qui sont disponibles 365 jours par an. : You go to Desains' home to visit, they are there 365 days/year

and : https://www.tripadvisor.fr/Attraction_Review-g1175247-d7112660-Reviews-La_Chapelle_du_Souvenir_de_Rancourt-Rancourt_Somme_Hauts_de_France.html

I'll be there next Sunday to take pictures, so I will try to find out more.

Kind regards from the Somme, martine

Edited by mva
correction

47 minutes ago, mva said:

in the local newspaper, Aug. 17 : Le musée se visite à la demande. Il suffit d’aller sonner chez Marie-Thérèse et Jean-Pierre Desain, qui sont disponibles 365 jours par an. : You go to Desains' home to visit, they are there 365 days/year

and : https://www.tripadvisor.fr/Attraction_Review-g1175247-d7112660-Reviews-La_Chapelle_du_Souvenir_de_Rancourt-Rancourt_Somme_Hauts_de_France.html

I'll be there next Sunday to take pictures, so I will try to find out more.

Kind regards from the Somme, martine

That would be great we are there first week in March 2018

Tony

Hello again, I went there this morning : there are two museums : one in the church & one next to it (souvenir français) DSC04820.JPG.5981fd37b837ff6bd3903876393b1ec1.JPGsee the two lines on my picture

DSC04800.JPG.02d85c334293132eaa388b18a4cfff58.JPGthe people in charge (Desain) live next door (blue arrow) to the museum Souvenir français (red arrow) ; they are always there (if necessary, ring the bell at their home's door). But they open the museum in the church only when visitors come . Mrs Desain even gave me the phone number, in case they were away : 0322 85 04 47.

kind regards from the Somme, martine

2 hours ago, mva said:

Hello again, I went there this morning : there are two museums : one in the church & one next to it (souvenir français) DSC04820.JPG.5981fd37b837ff6bd3903876393b1ec1.JPGsee the two lines on my picture

DSC04800.JPG.02d85c334293132eaa388b18a4cfff58.JPGthe people in charge (Desain) live next door (blue arrow) to the museum Souvenir français (red arrow) ; they are always there (if necessary, ring the bell at their home's door). But they open the museum in the church only when visitors come . Mrs Desain even gave me the phone number, in case they were away : 0322 85 04 47.

kind regards from the Somme, martine

Thanks that is fantastic thanks for your care and trouble.

Tony