Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Nairn Roll of Honour

robbie56

I'm looking for information on an Alexander Kinnaird s/40875. I have learned that he was born in Nairn,Scotland.  Does that mean he could appear in the Nairnshire Roll of Honour ? I can't find it online. Could someone point me in the right direction or does someone have a copy ?

thanks , R

20 minutes ago, robbie56 said:

I'm looking for information on an Alexander Kinnaird s/40875. I have learned that he was born in Nairn,Scotland.  Does that mean he could appear in the Nairnshire Roll of Honour ? I can't find it online. Could someone point me in the right direction or does someone have a copy ?

thanks , R

The roll of honour seems to be here - http://digital.nls.uk/rolls-of-honour/archive/100572153

Craig

Edited by ss002d6252

Thanks for link. That particular Roll has a a date March 1915. Interesting details. Should there not have been a Roll of Honour for the duration of the war ?

thanks Mark

30 minutes ago, robbie56 said:

Thanks for link. That particular Roll has a a date March 1915. Interesting details. Should there not have been a Roll of Honour for the duration of the war ?

thanks Mark

Rolls were commissioned on a local level in most cases, they weren't particularly well organised and were never compiled for many areas.

Craig

1 hour ago, robbie56 said:

thanks Mark

One type of Roll of Honour started in January 1915 with the service of intercession for the war on the first Sunday of January 1915. You will see a number particularly in churches which were started (or formalised) in January - March 1915. The first part of some RoHs is in alphabetical order, then the names were added as they became known. The names in alphabetical order were the originals known at the beginning of 1915.

Published versions would be updated in later editions.

RM