Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

WO 95/5494 RFA allocations

jay dubaya

I'm hoping this is the correct document that lists the landing dates of the various RFA brigades and if so would any kind soul who has a copy of the relevant pages for the RFA from WO 95/5494 be willing to share or anyone off to Kew in the near future be able to copy them for me please, any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

cheers, Jon

Jon,

That is not the right document for what you are after. It only lists to which Corps and Division the various Army Brigades were allocated from early 1917.

I think what you want is WO 162/7 which I recently ordered myself and have copies. Is there any particular unit you are after?

Edited by David Porter

Many thanks for the clarification Ron. With all honesty I'm after the whole document, I have around 60 local men (Pembs) and over a 100 men (my home city of Sheffield) that I started researching over ten years ago who served with the RFA and who's units can probably be determined from the dates of entry. A very recent bit of information for a forum member determined such and the information came from the relevant war diary. I have tried to collate as much from the WDs but there are some sizeable gaps which I would like to fill. Would you be happy to share the whole document?

cheers, Jon