Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Tom Morgan's Hellfire Corner website

jay dubaya

Just tried accessing Tom's site and it really is a no go area, my computer says No! How long has it been unaccessible and I assume Tom is aware of this.

Must be something recent. It was fine a couple of weeks ago and I had an email from Tom only a couple of days back in which he mentioned nothing untoward.

John

Pos based on a misunderstanding of the name???

Google offer this when tried just now
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google's Search Console. More information about the review process is available in Google's Search Console Help Centre.

Advisory provided by Google
Edited by michaeldr

Tom knew of the problem - there's apparently some malicious code in there somewhere/somehow. His plan is to take down the site and reload a clean copy from backup, hoping that sorts things out. It'll take a bit of time, of course - don't go holding your breath.

Edited by John_Hartley

Thank you John for keeping us up to date with events, it would be a shame to lose such a fine website.

John

23 minutes ago, Knotty said:

it would be a shame to lose such a fine website.

Indeed. Some of my best research is published there.

Hi John

I don't envy him the task, he will need a considerable amount of time on his hands.

As you are in contact with him, it's a bit of along shot, but is there anything that we could do to help out?

John

Glad to say that some articles have been updated and are now accessible but still some way to go. Likewise I don't envy Tom's task but wish him all the best in it.

J