Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The Aisne Again- May 1918- the essence of blitzkrieg?

David_Blanchard

New talk:

'The Aisne Again: May 1918- the essence of blitzkrieg' any WFA branch interested in this presentation please get in touch.

Next year will be the centenary of the Aisne Battle on 27 May- the greatest one day advance on the Western Front since trench warfare began in September 1914. This was a significant battle that also marked the turning point on the Western Front according to Sidney Rogerson it was  'The Last of the Ebb'.  After this action in May-June 1918 it was the Allies that took to the offensive until the Armistice in 1918.

David

I am currently reading your book prior to visiting the Aisne (among other 1918 battles) later this month. It is a most interesting read and very informative, as well as atmospheric.

Charles M

On ‎01‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 16:56, David_Blanchard said:

After this action in May-June 1918 it was the Allies that took to the offensive until the Armistice in 1918.

...other than the (failed) 4e Bataille de Champagne and the Bataille de la Montagne de Reims on July 15th 1918 presumably?

Dave

You could argue that the attack on 15 July was a continuation of the Aisne offensive- but I take your point.

13 hours ago, charlesmessenger said:

David

I am currently reading your book prior to visiting the Aisne (among other 1918 battles) later this month. It is a most interesting read and very informative, as well as atmospheric.

Charles M

Hi Charles,

Thanks for your kind words and your help during the publication of the book.

David