Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Australian War Memorial - Links

Ken Lees

I am getting increasingly frustrated by the latest incarnation of the AWM website.

It has taken me hours to find information about 2 soldiers and I still can't find some records that I know are there.

And to make matters worse, knowing that I have asked these questions before on the GWF, I can't find my previous posts!

Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Deep breath]

So, does anyone have the links saved to find the Red Cross Missing search page, please?

• 2 months later...

Thanks BFBSM.

So there's no page to go to to search for just Honours and Awards like there used to be?

How far backwards is the site going? :angry:

Edited by Ken Lees

2 hours ago, Ken Lees said:

Thanks BFBSM.

So there's no page to go to to search for just Honours and Awards like there used to be?

Ken,

I haven’t been able to find one.

Mark

15 hours ago, Ken Lees said:

Thanks BFBSM.

Honours & Awards Link: https://www.awm.gov.au/advanced-search/people?roll=Honours and Awards&people_roll_type=award

Search for a person link: https://www.awm.gov.au/advanced-search/people

Scrolling down the page in the above link you will find that clicking on the brown heading of the particular Roll etc your after - will take you to the search page for that Roll

Once you get used to it - it's not much different to before.....trust me! :ph34r:

Cheers, Frev

You are not alone struggling with this Ken. I had problems a few months ago looking for a military medal recommendation for a local soldier.

If I search for it through the people search engine it does not allow access to the recommendations, however if I search for them through the collections search it comes up under the rolls as Frev has mentioned.

I suspect that there is a glitch in the system.

Perhaps they need to delete the people search and do it all through the collections search. 

Scott

Edited by Waddell
Added more.

8 minutes ago, Skipman said:

This works to a point. If you take this bit of the URL

https://www.awm.gov.au/advanced-search/people?roll=

Then add, Honours or Service Files, or whatever to the end of it, it takes you to that particular search box (I think)

Mike

Mike,

I just tried your tip, and it works excellently. Thank you.

Must remember this, but with my sieve memory...

Mark