Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Letters from Baghdad - BBC4 Monday 18 Sept 2100

seaJane

Gosh, I must be tired!

When I first read the date 18 Sept 2100, I thought that is serious forward planning as it is only 2017 :)

And yes my Wife thinks I am an idiot from time to time :lol:

Sepoy

Oh dear ... I've been working for the Navy for too long - definitely getting into the habit of using the 24h clock!

:)

Good documentary well worth watching.

Georgina HOWELL's well illustrated book  'Daughter of the Desert - The Remarkable Life of Gertrude BELL'  ISBN 1 4050 4587 8  first published in 2006 contains a very substantial bibliography and chronology 1807 - 2003  and as such is well worth reading.

Philip

Enjoyed watching it , very well made and put together . The original film footage was excellent and I liked the way they filmed the actors/ actresses

in period dress and in Black and White , they also did look like the people they were portraying.

Edited by Black Maria

11 hours ago, seaJane said:

Oh dear ... I've been working for the Navy for too long - definitely getting into the habit of using the 24h clock!

:)

At least it will confuse any Americans reading this.

12 hours ago, Sepoy said:

And yes my Wife thinks I am an idiot from time to time :lol:

Sepoy

Don't be bashful ... only time to time?

9 hours ago, Black Maria said:

Enjoyed watching it , very well made and put together . The original film footage was excellent and I liked the way they filmed the actors/ actresses

in period dress and in Black and White , they also did look like the people they were portraying.

Agreed, that was unusual and I thought it work well. Also having the spoken Turkish with English subtitles was unusual, much better than someone faking an accent.

Edited by seaJane

7 minutes ago, seaJane said:

Agreed, that was unusual and I thought it work well. Also having the spoken Turkish with English subtitles was unusual, much better than someone faking an accent.

Yes you're right , another good example of it's quality .

• 1 year later...