Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Highly Recommended in Ypres

mikeparr

Hi All,

We've  (me and the wife) just come back from a 5 night stay in Ypres where we stayed at "Fields of Gold" B & B. Superb accommodation , well placed on Rijselstraat (N338). Next door to a Spar supermarket. Well placed for a tour of the town, Menin Gate and Cloth Hall are 10 mins walk away. Free parking after 6 to 8 am. Near to the Fish market with it's range of bars.It's a bit classy but great value (405 Euros for 5 nights). It's also got some really steep stairs, so not a great idea for those with dodgy legs! Each room has a kitchen and free wi - fi. The rooms are luxury and the building is beautiful.

Mike

I planned to stay there a while back, but unfortunately had to cancel. The owners tried to tell me that I had to pay the full amount of the stay booked, despite this conflicting with their clearly stated booking conditions. They eventually backed down but I was not impressed by their attitude, which verged on aggression. I've no idea what the place is like, but would advise anyone booking in advance to get complete clarity on the terms and conditions, just in case.

Hi, Sassenach,

We booked through Booking.Com which gave us free cancellation up until the last few days. I've met the lady who runs the B&B and she seemed as nice as pie to me. Sorry if you had a bad experience. I will however use Booking.Com if I stay there again. 

Mike