Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Has anyone used Airbnb?

Simmo

I know many of you have your firm favourites accommodation-wise but I ask from the perspective of a billy-no-mates infrequent visitor trying to avoid the single supplement 

Oo-roo

Edited by Simmo

Have used it twice and found it an oddly uncomfortable experience in both cases, feeling like an interloper. I have now decided I'm much happier with a traditional B&B provider who knows what they're doing.

Used it once in Spain with wife and kids a couple of years ago. Nice apartment. Left the place clean but not spotless. Owner took a 60 Euro "cleaning fee" saying the apartment was left "dirty" which was a lie.

I refused to pay and Airbnb found in my favour.

My advice is to make sure the owner isn't insisting on a "leave property in exactly the same condition as found" clause. This is a big ask for most holidaymakers. 

Dave

Relative of mine was shocked to find owner still in the house walking around in his pyjamas he had forgot to tell them he was going to still be there for their whole stay was very uncomfortable and they left after first night , other people I know have had fantastic experiences so buyer beware and check everything out!