Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

CEFSG CWGC Cemetery Exchange List

laughton

A few days ago, our team at the CEFSG provided the CWGC with a listing of what we had assembled for the coded Canadian Battlefield Cemeteries, many of which were concentrated into CWGC Cemeteries after the Armistice, and some that remained as individual cemeteries and were renamed. For example, the 2nd Division battlefield Cemetery CB1 became what is known as the Zivy Crater Cemetery.

In exchange for the information we submitted, the CWGC provided us with a copy of their complete (64 page) cemetery listing with the individual trench map coordinates. It appears that those that were "concentrated" are marked as such. Thanks to Andrew Fetherston (Archives) and David Avery (Commemorations) for sharing that information.

These two lists may be of use to GWF members as well. You can find them here on the CEFSG web site:

CEFSG Canadian Battlefield Summary List

This is fantastic information, thank you and well done for sharing Richard. I have pin pointed several cemeteries that are of personal interest to me and were concentrated post war around Montauban and Longueval using the CWGC exhumation reports and individual burial location maps, the information gained today has confirmed my reckonings and saved much time on any further searching.

I keep getting a message to say that I do not have permission to access this site on this server (Mozilla Firefox).

Help!

Martin

Works for me and I'm using Mozilla Firefox.

Partial success with the conversion of the CWGC PDF version to PaperPort and then to EXCEL and WORD.

They are in this folder:

I have not looked at it in detail to see if it is worth cleaning up one of the Word or Excel formats.
Edited by laughton