Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

World Digital Library WWI Timeline

I just wanted to let you know that the World Digital Library has released its World War I interactive timeline. It's free and open to the public at https://www.wdl.org/en/sets/world-war-i/timeline.new/ .There are over 1,600 documents, maps, photographs, posters and books from 22 libraries and museums around the world in 15 languages. The items are pinned to a zoomable map and you can create a custom time range by dragging the sliders under the map. You can use the hidden filter section to choose different formats and topics only. The site is also mobile and iPad friendly.

For teachers, you can curate your own timeline (or have your students do one) by clicking on the bookmark symbol when you hover over an image. In the custom timeline control at the bottom, you can share it on Facebook, Twitter or by e-mail. You can also bookmark the URL or copy and paste it. The custom timeline info is all in the URL so no logging in is needed. We know there are some holes and we have more materials coming.

I hope you enjoy.

Regards,

Sandy Bostian

PS If you have any feedback, please feel free to contact me.