Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lance Corporal Ernest Edwin Buoy

C_O_L_I_N

I was unable to post this on the 100th Anniversary of his death :( so better late than never.

Remembering today, my Gt Gt Uncle Lance Corporal Ernest Edwin Buoy, 9283, 1st Bn., Coldstream Guards. Son of Henry and Emma Buoy, of Didmarton, Badminton, Glos.

He was killed in action age 27 on 22 July 1917, most likely by German shell fire near Bosinge, NW of Ypres, Belgium, during preparations for the Third Battle of Ypres, better known as Passchendale. He is buried in Canada Farm Cemetery.

Never Forgotten :poppy::poppy::poppy:

• 3 months later...

Our new War Memorial was unveiled 11th November 2012 & I hope you will  be pleased to see the 2nd name on it. If I can supply any further detail, please let me know.

I am just leaving home to read the roll of Honour at our Memorial in Stanton St Quintin near Chippenham in Wiltshire.

Nick

war memorial 075.jpg

war memorial 080.jpg

• Admin

Hello Nick, nice to see you posting on here.

Michelle (from Hathaway Surgery!)

Thanks Michelle. We have 2 services here in Stanton St Quintin. One for our Primary school children on the nearest school day to 11th November & then Remembrance Sunday. We had a good representation from Buckley Barracks yesterday led by Major Ashley MBE. See attached photo.

10th November 2017.JPG

• 1 month later...

He is also on the war memorial and on the memorial scroll in the church in West Kington. The spelling of his name on both is listed as Booy. I have a vague memory of there being a lady in the village whose maiden name was Booy. 

In addition to Ernest, 2 other Booy are listed as having served -

William Booy Pte 4th Worcesters France Wounded Salonica February 1918

Alfred HJ Booy Pte 2nd Gloucesters France

5a45df892475d_WestKingtonWM(Large).jpg.a32161b83a3a2214a31e950c01cff1e1.jpg

5a45dff12613b_DSCF2172(Medium).JPG.7cb7724db5d2ff0488a36c4340601d3d.JPG