Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Zantvoorde British cemetery

Ancre1917

I would if the JCCC did the actual research into the grave or did a member of the public brought the details to the attention of the CWGC.  

Who then passed the case on to the JCCC.  

Not sure what you "would" do. 

I will ask the journalists what he knows about who did the research etc. when I get back from the Somme. 

Richard

Trenchrat

This was a case that I presented to the CWGC in October 2014.

His family has been located and a rededication service is being organised.

Mick

Mick

thank you for your reply, well done.  

alan 

Thanks Mick. That's great news and well done! 

I take it the family doesn't live in Stoke-on-Trent UK today? I spoke with the journalist this morning who told me that no one had come forward locally. 

Richard

Longton

My apologies for the delay in responding to your email but I'm presently on holidays and I don't check in every day.

The MoD emailed me on Tuesday the 4th July to inform me that this family had been located and a service was being

organised. I last spoke to Sue on Monday this week and no date for the rededicated had been fixed but she tell me

that it would occur in the next few months. We have to surmise that someone in Stoke-on-Tent new the family and passed

on the details to the family. If you are interested in attending the service the date will be released on the CWGC website

in their news section in the next month. Unfortunately this is all the information that I have for now.

Mick

Thanks, Mick. I'll pass that information on to the Sentinel journalist (the local newspaper in Stoke on Trent)  asap. 

Richard