Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

CAMPING AT THE HEART OF THE SOMME

bobpike

Looking for somewhere perfect to stay to explore the battlefields of the Somme and beyond or even buy a permanent base set in the stunning valley of the river Ancre and overlooked by the Thiepval Memorial

My wife has created a FACEBOOK PAGE to promote the beautiful campsite where we have our mobile-home in France.

Please, if you can, have a look, like, comment, share and pass on,

It is called World War 1 Somme Camping Belllevue

Thank You

A mobile home on the Somme is certainly a great advantage; our mobile home is 25mins south of you on the Somme River at Le Hamel ?

Andy

Indeed.

We'll have to share a beer sometime, when are you next in residence?
Bob

Camping Bellevue is always special. I am awful on names, did we meet when I was there earlier in the month Bob?

Keith

Not sure, Keith. No 78 right at the end. Will be there most of the summer,

Bob

You must be the only British resident I didn't meet. I had my caravan right in the centre facing the facilities. I'm in Chinon now, returning home on Thursday night, and probably not at Bellevue again until the spring. Next time maybe.

Keith

I love camping at Bellevue, I always end up having convoluted conversations with the proprietor on weird things, last time it was English language quirks regarding heavy rain - 'cats and dogs' etc but the one that really tickled him was 'stair rods'. I'll be there en route to the Alps for a night in the next few weeks. 

Edited by ServiceRumDiluted