Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Poppies

Frajohn

The poppies are beginning to show now. Have yet to find any large quantities but found these today.

The first two are of Mametz Wood and the third looking towards Lochnagar Crater.

34286115193_ee9d8db20c_k.jpg

35096013655_aa4770db0d_k.jpg

34286111963_97701b4287_k.jpg

Great photos. Wish I was there!

Tony

Agree with Tony. Must get out there myself one day :)

Superb pictures with beautiful rich colours.

Sitting in a windy and extremely wet Central London, I can say that picture relay makes me wish I was there! Beautiful.

26 minutes ago, Steven Broomfield said:

Sitting in a windy and extremely wet Central London, I can say that picture relay makes me wish I was there! Beautiful.

Sitting in a windy and extremely wet Owls Towers out here on the coast I too wish I was there. Presumably you could sneak out of the office, scoot across to St Pancreas, catch the next Lille service and be there in no time Mr B. I'm sure Mrs B would understand........

Lovely pictures as ever John.

Pete.

Thank you for the kind comments.

The weather here today has been a real mixture of thunderstorms, high winds, rain and some sunshine. You would all be very welcome to visit.

Regards

John

Posting from my caravan in Authille I can say that Somme storms are real. Le Poppy was an island briefly on Friday evening and this afternoon's storm was a rattle like machine gun fire on the roof.

Keith

1 minute ago, Frajohn said:

You would all be very welcome to visit.

I hope to be able to take you up on that kind offer John. I made the error of buying some croissants from a well known supermarket over the weekend and regretted it from the first bite. The ones Mrs K gets from your local boulanger have rendered all other croissants inadequate. It is the same with waffles, unless they come from the place opposite the Cloth Hall in Ieper they don't cut it. Send your good lady wife my regards.

Pete.