Remembered Today:

visits to vimy and flanders

vinnyc

any tips or advice visiting Flanders and Vimy in June

Thanx

Vince

Edited by vinnyc
inexperienced user

Hello Vinny, firstly I would make your original post heading a bit more precise, just so you get more views. As for Flanders and Vimy-remember to apply for the sticker for the emmisions thing in France, there is a whole seperate topic on this elswhere. Get yourself booked on a tour of Vimy by booking on their website in advance. I am not sure if the lions at the Menin gate are still there in June. We all have our tried and tested places to stay in Flanders but mine is the Ambrosia Hotel in Ypres, right near the Cloth Hall.Depending on how long you are staying there are lots to go and see, it all depends on what you have in mind.Just remember to alter your post topic and you should get a better response. Have a good trip Vinny, Ian.

Edited by EAST YORKSHIRE

If you are planning a visit to Ypres and the Salient book accommodation, trips etc. ASP as the area will get very busy as it gets towards 3rd Ypres, Passchendaele commemorations. I have just returned Menin Gate busy but not yet manic but be there by 7.30 if you want to see as well as here the Last Post ceremony.

Len

Edited by Len Trim
Spelling