Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Brookwood Military Cemetery

mandy hall

If anyone wants photos, I will be at Brookwood Military Cemetery at the end of May attending one of the CWGC's  free talks.  

Mandy

Mandy,

If at all possible could you photograph Cyril Henry Tatton-Tatton headstone for me, Plot VI.C.3, Rifle Brigade, Lieutenant. Thanks.

Andy

Thanks Mandy, yes please. I have 11 names on the 39-45 Memorial if you can do that too?

Panel 5 Column 2 - Bennington, AH

Panel 6 Column 2 - Howard, WC

Panel 6 Column 2 - Lancaster, L

Panel 6 Column 2 - Lord, AE

Panel 6 Column 2 - Love, C

Panel 7 Column 2 - Watson, E

Panel 7 Column 2 - Welbourn, GA

Panel 15 Column 3 - Jackson, C

Panel 19 Column 1 - Aisthorpe, C

Panel 19 Column 3 - Ralph, K

Panel 19 Column 2 - Snell, G

Ideally I would like the individual names central in about 5 or 7 names, and as high-res as possible please.

Tony

Mandy

I'd be very grateful for any of these, please

Bob

JAMES-Sapper-ALBERT EDWARD LEVI-4/552--NZEF Engineers--BROOKWOOD MILITARY CEMETERY-II. E. 2

TURTON-Armourer Quartermaster Sergeant-ALFRED HENRY-2264-11th Bde.-Australian Field Artillery---BROOKWOOD MILITARY CEMETERY-IV. D. 11

WHITE-Private-JOHN STANLEY-7080-7th Bn.-Australian Infantry, A.I.F----BROOKWOOD MILITARY CEMETERY-IV. E. 13

BOTHWELL-THOMSON-Private-FREDERICK-766200-28th Bn.-lon 28 Artists' Rifles--BROOKWOOD MILITARY CEMETERY-VI. B. 10A

HEWSON-Private-GEORGE ANTHONY-18966-3rd Bn.-Lincolnshire Regiment----01/03/1919--BROOKWOOD MILITARY CEMETERY-VI. G. 4A

PARKES-Private-J-64322-1st Bn.-Lincolnshire Regiment----26/07/1919---BROOKWOOD MILITARY CEMETERY-VI. H. 10

REYNOLDS-Serjeant-JOHN WILLIAM-4794121-1st Bn.-Lincolnshire Regiment---BROOKWOOD MILITARY CEMETERY-VI. K. 4

HOWARD-Sergeant-RAY SEPTIMUS-3556-57th Bn.-Australian Infantry, A.I.F---BROOKWOOD MILITARY CEMETERY-XI. A. 3

MUNRO-Gunner-ERIC JAMES GARFIELD-12305-2nd Bde.-Australian Field ArtillerY---BROOKWOOD MILITARY CEMETERY-XI. A. 13

GRIFFIN-Private-J C-46381-19th Bn.-Lincolnshire Regiment---BROOKWOOD MILITARY CEMETERY-XII. D. 85

All of the above noted.   I probably won't have much internet connection for the next week, will check back when I return.

Mandy

Mandy - I'm volunteering in the exhibition room there fairly regularly at Brookwood over the Summer, so if you DON'T manage to do them all let me know and I can try and finish them off. 

To all - The CWGC has put together a small exhibition to commemorate its centenary. In the Canada building near the entrance. Open every day! May not tell you things you don't know but it would show support for the Commission! I'm down to be there Monday afternoons, so call in and say hello!

I am off to Brookwood tomorrow for the talk CWGC Gardening the World and to see the exhibition.  I will let you know Treport if I do not manage to get all the photos.

Mandy

Edited by mandy hall

Hi Mandy

The talk and exhibition sound great; I find that I take a lot of inspiration from the CWGC gardeners and designers. I'd be very interested in any top tips you pick if you have a moment to share them. Enjoy the day.

Pete.

I have got everyone's photos, if you can PM me email addresses.

On 24/05/2017 at 22:24, Fattyowls said:

Hi Mandy

The talk and exhibition sound great; I find that I take a lot of inspiration from the CWGC gardeners and designers. I'd be very interested in any top tips you pick if you have a moment to share them. Enjoy the day.

Pete.

Really interesting talk and a good speaker, about the different problems the CWGC face in the different areas of the world, from lack of water, natural disasters and vandalism.  He also talked about how they are moving towards conservation because of the age of the cemeteries and the buildings within them.  So I'm afraid no tips on how to prune your roses. ?

For anyone who read the Daily Telegraph Magazine of the 13 May, he also told us the grandfather of the family looking after Gaza Cemetery had died yesterday.

Mandy

10 minutes ago, mandy hall said:

Really interesting talk and a good speaker, about the different problems the CWGC face in the different areas of the world, from lack of water, natural disasters and vandalism.  He also talked about how they are moving towards conservation because of the age of the cemeteries and the buildings within them.  So I'm afraid no tips on how to prune your roses. ?

For anyone who read the Daily Telegraph Magazine of the 13 May, he also told us the grandfather of the family looking after Gaza Cemetery had died yesterday.

Mandy

Thanks Mandy; I'm not a rose fan myself despite asking Dave Richardson about the ones they use, however I think the talk would have been right up my street, lack of water (could do with a thunderstorm), natural disasters (mainly gastropod related) and vandalism (my slash and burn approach to ground clearance) are recurring themes in the grounds of Owls Towers.

Pete.

Lovely pictures Mandy. Thank you very much for the Tatton-Tatton headstone picture.

Andy

Many thanks for the photos from the 39-45 Memorial. Excellent quality.

No problem, glad to hear they have all arrived.  It is what the forum is all about helping each other.

Mandy