Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ulster Tower 2017

paul@bolton

I am hoping to arrange a Thiepval Wood tour in late May.

Could anyone tell me who are the custodians this year and how do I contact them? I have Teddy's email address but i guess this has changed

Thanks

Paul

Thanks, Martin. I'll contact them today.

Paul

I'm not getting any response from ulstertower@sommeassociation.com.

Any alternative suggestions anybody?

Thanks

Paul 

I'd be trying Teddy's email address on the off chance he's still doing it, or even the new people using his old email.  You have nowt to lose.  In the meantime someone may come along with up-to-date information.

According to Trip Advisor/their website you can ring them:. 33 (0) 3 22 74 87 14

I was there on Thursday, they have got people doing the tours, Teddy has gone now. They are still looking for full time replacements.

I picked up a leaflet about the Somme Association whilst in Belfast over the weekend.

It's mostly about the Somme Museum in Newtownards, but there are a couple of contact details which may be of use. The Director is Mrs Carol Walker, who lives at 233 Bangor Road, Newtownards, County Down BT23 7PH. This is her (?) e-mail address: enquiry.shc@hotmail.co.uk and telephone number: 028 9182 3202. The web site is www.sommeassociation.com.

I hope this helps.

On ‎13‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:04, EAST YORKSHIRE said:

I was there on Thursday, they have got people doing the tours, Teddy has gone now. They are still looking for full time replacements.

mentioned the vacancy to the other half this morning, having a house fairly local, well in France anyway, she was wondering if there was any renumeration.... things could be looking up retirement wise :D

thanks, East Yorks

the consideration is.

3 years to retire extra early, the house in France is paid for, the English house could be rented to cover mortgage, the balance of rent plus pension could keep us afloat ...

On 2017-5-13 at 09:06, Pighills said:

According to Trip Advisor/their website you can ring them:. 33 (0) 3 22 74 87 14

I spoke to the lady at the Ulster Tower (Diane) yesterday about a tour of Thiepval Wood next week. Thank you all for your help. You will be pleased to hear she is carrying on Phoebe's traditional of egg and onion sandwiches.

They are certainly looking for new custodians so Good Luck, Chaz!

Paul 

Glad you got in, Paul.  I was wondering if you'd been able to make contact.  Might try for another tour ourselves!