Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Duty Done - 2nd Btn RWF history

RichardW

I'd like to get hold of a copy of this book. Have looked on Amazon but they don't have any - could somebody please advise as to where else I can try.

Many thanks,

Richard

here I am! Thanks Tom!!

£19..95, p&p at cost £3.75 first class, cheque to me at 2 Aveland Way, Baston, Peterborough PE6 9QJ, I would leave it until after Christmas if I were you.

Only 40 copies left.

DE Langley

I think I got it through Naval & Military Press a while back. Its well worth a look - the level of research is amazing and the vignettes of officers etc. are very well done.

Bernard

Will one of y0u who has it let me know what it says about youngest man to be KiA with RWF William Chadwick age 15 died September 15 1918 from Indianapolis Indiana, thanks.

My privilege as author:

William Chadwick died of wounds 15 September 1918. He original surname was Hesford, born Indianapolis or Roxbury, Mass [sources disagree]. His rank was Private 76371, and he is buried at Five Points Cemetery grave B13. He was the son of William and Emma Hesford of Boston, Mass, where he enlisted.

He is not the only 2RWF 15 year old on my data base. Bandboy H Williams lies at Villers Bret., the victim of an accident, immediately post-war, but we can be fairly sure that Hesford served as a man soldier, the rules being as they were.

I cannot find his as Hesford in SDGW but as Chadwick 76371 born Indianapolis enlisted Boston. How the hell do you join British Army in Massachusetts? I'ts not the one in Lincoln.