Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

INNISKILLING DRAGOONS CAP BADGE

max7474

Having seen this badge for sale as genuine I was concerned over one point of its construction; namely the tower windos are not voided. In Wilkinsons book the example he shows is of such a good quality photo that it is clear that all 4 windows and gateway are voided. I have seen lots of copies where only the gateway and central windows are voided. Any experts out there?

. Any experts out there?

On this Forum? Apparently Not! ;)

However as a strictly Non expert,the Badge looks OK,The Glob of braze by the scroll edge would put me off personally as quality control was quite High & Badges not up to scratch would have been Rejected,Could you show us your Back,so to speak?The non voiding of the Lights could be just a Manufacturer's Difference,Wilkinson only shows a Small selection of Badges,& Few Variants are ever depicted,,even in K & K;The old MHS Journals if you ever see any are a Mine of such trivia,with regard to Badge Variants,etc.

Harry,

Sorry for the delay but here is the back. I would be a lot happier if it had voided windows, a set of brazing holes under the banner at the back and the slider was of a different shape as most modern restrikes have a paralell slider of a standard length with a perfectly rounded end. Consequently it is still up for sale! I would appreciate any comments.

A wise decision in my ever so 'umble opinion ;)