The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

F Coy 14th Cheshires - Prees Heath Camp 1916

cturner37

Hi, Ive recently unearthed a notebook of my Grandfathers, who gave training at Prees Heath Camp in January 1916.  My reason for posting is it contains a list of men attending that training session.  They were all from F Coy, 14th Cheshires and I have s/nos, names, rank, section, platoon.

I will in time copy out that information, theres about 100 entries, so not a huge discovery, but for anyone seeking their individual relative, if they happen to be here, you may find it helpful/interesting.

What Ill try to do is do a quick search on each entry through CWGC first, and start the list with those lost in future campaigns.  

But just a placemarking here for this snippet if information.  Hope it helps someone.  Caroline.

PS May take me a little time so bear with me, or post/message if youd like me to have a quick look for someone inparticular.

Sadly, first one found.  J Sinclair 35690 In training at Prees Heath, Jan 1916.  Died August 1916

SINCLAIR, J Private 35690  19/08/1916 28 Cheshire Regiment United Kingdom I. C. 15.

BLIGHTY VALLEY CEMETERY, AUTHUILLE WOOD

Thats my first pass through the CWGC though some sevice numbers are missing/illegible.  What I will do is post, in a single post, the list of names and numbers who attended this training in Jan 1916, who I believe survived, for reference.  Probably next week.

• 1 year later...

Caroline

i’d love to know more on this. I have been tracking the 14th Cheshire’s as part of building a profile in the 50th Training Reserve. Would be happy to share what I know in return. 

Regards

Dave