Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Delville Wood Update - What's Open?

keithfazzani

Anyone know what is open at Delville Wood at the moment?

The South African Memorial I would say. I have never seen the visitor's centre next to it open...

Jan

just to state the obvious for those that don't know, the cemetery over the road is a 24/7/365 with over 5,500 casualties. the memorial is just that, a memorial. I know many here will know but we do get a few casual visitors.

My question refers to the museum and the toilets. Last year the musuem was closed for a while and the toilets were also closed on an itermittent basis. I am trying to ascertain what the situation is this year. The visitor centre as you rightly say hasn't been open for some years (sadly).

9 minutes ago, keithfazzani said:

My question refers to the museum and the toilets. Last year the musuem was closed for a while and the toilets were also closed on an itermittent basis. I am trying to ascertain what the situation is this year. The visitor centre as you rightly say hasn't been open for some years (sadly).

They are open normally (I have never had any problem there). I went there in February on a freezing cold day and they were open and it was very nice and warm there.

I was there yesterday, the toilets were closed. I didn't go to the museum though

Cheers

Martin

Thanks Martin, shan't rely on them being open then.

A pleasure Keith, have a good trip

Martin

• 1 month later...

Will be visiting next week. Anyone who has more specific info or stories of soldiers buried there ? 

best regards ,

Tom

If you search Delvllle Wood on this forum you will find many stories.