Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Shoulder badge?

Chris

Hi all

Once again i am stumped by a badge, this time on the close up attached. To me it looks like a number 2, but can anyone tell me exactly what it means. If it helps the close up is of the right shoulder of a Private in the West Yorkshires.

Regards

Chris

middl.tif

not sure if the picture attached first time

post-23-1103156099.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Just bringing this back to the top in the hope that someone will be able to identify this shoulder badge this time around.

Also attaching scan of two other badges, the bottom one of which i would also appreciate any info on.

Kind regards

Chris

post-23-1104271601.jpg

Chris,

As to the bottom one... Could it be this ?

"The Royal Engineers, forage cap badge with cipher of King George V. The centre was left unvoided as an economy measure during the First World War."

However, as "Royal Engineers" is clearly readable on my picture, I'm a bit puzzled. This should be readable on your badge as well I assume. Unless it is a different one of course.

Aurel

post-23-1104274579.jpg

The Royal Engineers looks like a Mother of Pearl or Nacre Backed "Sweetheart" Brooch{about 1" Diameter}

The Top Badge is a Royal Regiment Of Artillery Enamelled Badge{Of Commercial Design} probably as a decoration from a Matchbox Cover or Similar item

Thanks aurel and Harry. Your help is much appreciated

Regards

Chris