Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Field Service Regs part 2 - anyone have access ?

ss002d6252

I'm looking for anyone who has access to a copy of Field Service Regs part 2 - I need to know if certain subjects are covered in the book and, if so, what the relevant section says.

Is anyone able to oblige ?

Thanks

Craig

Yes, I have a copy.

Chris Henschke

Thanks guys

What I'm trying to find out is which sections lay out how a death should be should be recorded and details passed back to the paymaster and what the process is.

Also looking for the same for dealing with effects and dealing with Soldiers wills.

It's for one of the sections I'm writing for me book on the war gratuity so I'm more than happy to cover any reasonable  costs incurred to get the information.

FSR part 1 is easy enough to get digitally but FSR part 2 is a different matter altogether.

Craig

Craig

I have a copy, but no scanner, so I'll wait to see if Chris Henschke can give you a scanned copy.

I happened to be looking at my copy a few days ago, so I can confirm that the topics you mention are all covered.

Ron

The attached scans are from Field Service Regulations. Part II. Organization and Administration.1909. (Reprinted, with Amendments to October, 1914.) Chapter XVI.

FSR part 2 001a.jpg

FSR part 2 003a.jpg

I have no wish to add a further burden to Chris' helpful post, but I think that there are also some appendices which tabulate where and when the returns were sent. These may be more helpful.

Ron