Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Beaurains - Neuville Vitasse Apr 1917 - Telegraph Hill

delta

Am planning to visit the locations of tank actions at Arras in April / May 1917 

This includes the area near Beaurains and Neuville Vitasse where they supported the attack on the Harp and Telegraph Hill.

Has any one, who has walked the area, give me  clue as to a suitable vantage pont?

Jim Smithson is your man for this area. Try sending him a PM.

I would be happy to tag along when you do this visit.

When are you thinking of coming over?

Ken

Hi Ken

Thanks for the rapid response and heads-up about Jim Smithson's interest

Outline plan (version 3b) is to visit Bullecourt and Beaurains on the morning of  Sun 17 Sep having been at Courcelette on the morning of 16th and Flers and Ginchy in the afternoon. 

You are, of course, welcome to tag along

38 minutes ago, delta said:

Hi Ken

Thanks for the rapid response and heads-up about Jim Smithson's interest

Outline plan (version 3b) is to visit Bullecourt and Beaurains on the morning of  Sun 17 Sep having been at Courcelette on the morning of 16th and Flers and Ginchy in the afternoon. 

You are, of course, welcome to tag along

Keep me informed, Stephen. It would be great to catch up again.

Hi Paul

The area around Telegraph Hill is very accessible and you will be able to follow most of the action of the tanks around there.  I'm not in France at the moment so can't provide the maps etc. to help until I'm back at the end of the week.  If you send a PM with an email address it will help me send you what I have to help you plan.  You can also follow Chas Weber in Lusitania on his exploits, I'll show you the route for that as well.

On another point I'll be taking a copy of your book to Thiepval next week to try and get Vincent to stock it there.  He has not sorted out orders with Helion at all so I'm trying to change that.  

If it works out I'd love to wander the ground with you as well.  

Cheers

Jim

Jim was very helpful when I try to put together a small piece on the location of Edward Thomas observation post - might be of interest. 

Arras Thomas Maps v2.pdf