Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Leicestershire and Rutland died 1914 - 1920

TTracer44

Hello, I have just spotted a reference to this database on one of the soldiers post's, I also see its available on FMP, where does this come from, is it in book form, was it written up just after WW1, Some info would be much appreciated.

Den

8 minutes ago, TTracer44 said:

Hello, I have just spotted a reference to this database on one of the soldiers post's, I also see its available on FMP, where does this come from, is it in book form, was it written up just after WW1, Some info would be much appreciated.

Den

FMP says

What can these records tell me?

Each record is a transcript with at least one image (average of four per record).

This list will also tell you if your ancestor is commemorated on any war memorials in the UK.

The amount of information listed varies, but the Leicestershire and Rutland Soldiers Died 1914-1920 records usually include a combination of the following information about your ancestor:

• Name
  • Soldier number
  • Regiment
  • Rank
  • Deceased date

Discover More about the Leicestershire and Rutland soldiers

These records have been compiled from a number of sources, including the Commonwealth War Graves Commission and the SDGW (Soldiers Died in the Great War) database. There are nearly 14,000 records in the file.

Craig

Thanks Craig, sounds as if this is a modern database, and I already have the book Rutland and the Great War, also the Leicestershire SDGW, so probably wouldn't find anything extra from the database mentioned.

Den