Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ronan McGreevy

Hi guys, 

My book Wherever the Firing Line Extends: Ireland and the Western Front was published in July. I am pleased to announce that an updated version will be published in paperback in May. 

My book tells the story of Irish involvement in the war through the monuments left behind. There are two new Irish memorials planned for Flanders this year. I wrote about them in today's Irish Times. 

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/new-memorials-to-commemorate-irish-who-died-in-flanders-1.2971260

Consequently, I am going to include a new chapter on the Battle of Frezenberg Ridge, the second and last time the 16th (Irish) Division and 36th (Ulster) Division fought together for the second and last time. 

If anybody has any diary items, letters, accounts, anything at all that would assist me in writing the chapter, I would be very grateful. This forum has been a huge help to me in writing the book. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

You can email me at rmcgreevy1301@gmail.com 

Regards, 

Ronan McGreevy 

• 2 weeks later...

Good man Ronan. I look forward to reading it, well done!

Kind regards.

Tom.

On 2/11/2017 at 23:46, Ronan McGreevy said:

Consequently, I am going to include a new chapter on the Battle of Frezenberg Ridge, the second and last time the 16th (Irish) Division and 36th (Ulster) Division fought together for the second and last time. 

I can't help feeling that they fought together for the second and last time for the first time. ;)