Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Bruce Bairnsfather Car Mascot On "Flog It"

HarryBettsMCDCM

An original Bronze "Old Bill" Mascot is just about to go under the Hammer in a couple of Minutes What do you reckon it will make?Estimate £100,{I reckon thrice that} :rolleyes:

Going

Going <_<

Going! :

In Ireland

Gone!!!!!!

£150 Cheap @ twice the Price!!! "Wot A Bargin!!" :o

That was a repeat from about a year ago, so the value must have gone up a bit by now. I'd like to know what it would have fetched if the auction was held in London.

I've been given the chance to acquire these recently and I would like an idea what to offer. Any ideas? Sorry about the cr*p pics.

Photo0217.jpg

An embroidery of the HLI Battle Honours by P Webb circa 1890.

Photo0216.jpg

Reputedly the flagstaff from Montgomerys staff Humber 8th Army, with provenance.

Galatea,

Despite the cr*p pic, the embroidery looks nice. Without being able to see just how well made it is, or how big it is, these things are generally in the £50-£100 range, maybe a bit more for something extra special, named ships, unusual subject, stunning workmanship... maybe up to £150 for the right piece if two people want it.

On Monty's flagstaff, how long is a piece of string ?? How strong is the provenance ? Also the picture hasn't appeared, so...!

Jim

Sorry, picture appeared when I refreshed !!

Still none the wiser on value though !!

£500 ?

How much have you been asked for ?

Jim

No figures discussed as yet, the HLI embroidery is about 2ft square, some 'tattiness' but very little. The staff has a signed patch on the back covering the joins of the box, have to go back and find the name that has signed it.

I managed to pick up an original pair of ships crests, HMS Hood (plaster on a wood base) along with Bismarck (cast bronze on a wood base). A good buy and has pride of place on the wall under the crest of Galatea.

Sorry if this is amateurish, thats cos I am !!

That was a repeat from about a year ago,

DOH!! :D