Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Royal Warwickshire Regiment

Guest bstag

Any information would be gratefully received. Please use layman's language as i am unfamiliar with many terms and references. Please describe the difference between the Imperial Army and the British Military. Why would a 'local' young man choose the Imperial Army? This soldier received the Military Medal for bravery while serving in France. The mention of a wound was documented in the Birmingham Daily Post rather than the Gazette - is this of any significance? Many thanks for any help. G Young

Seek out Rob Williams on this forum - he is the font of knowledge for the Royal Warks, If your chap was in the 2nd battn I may be able to help although the number looks like a terrier or a pal.

Also get hold of 'The Birmingham Pals' book - amazon carry this.

Lance Corporal A W Evans 10431, Royal Warwickshire Regiment, was in the official wounded list published in the Birmingham Daily Post on 2 June 1917. Thus his wound would have been roundabout a week to ten days before this date. What battalion he served with I cannot help.

Please describe the difference between the Imperial Army and the British Military. Why would a 'local' young man choose the Imperial Army?

Hi

I had a similar question in another thread:-

http://1914-1918.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=13240&hl=

It would appear they were one and the same.

Regards

Richard