Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Fold 3 "New" British Commonwealth Collection

rolt968

As an ancestry user (I assume), I am being offered free access to Fold3 this weekend. I followed the link to see what there is. The list given is:

Plus many more.

There seem to be a lot of sources which are already on ancestry or freely available elsewhere.  Can anyone with Fold3 access confirm that there is a bit more?

Roger M

As you say, some of the above list are already available with ancestry subscription. Not sure why MICs/Diaries are available on both other than they want a subscription to both.

I think with Fold3 records you have to create a separate Fold3 account to get free access this weekend. I certainly can't access Fold3 only records via ancestry subscription.

TEW

8 hours ago, TEW said:

As you say, some of the above list are already available with ancestry subscription. Not sure why MICs/Diaries are available on both other than they want a subscription to both.

I think with Fold3 records you have to create a separate Fold3 account to get free access this weekend. I certainly can't access Fold3 only records via ancestry subscription.

TEW

You are correct. You do have to create a Fold3 account.

Roger M

I've been browsing the Fold3 collection and there seems to be plenty of interesting collections. Look under WWI and International.

EG Queen's Canadian Military Hospital; Admin & Discharges 1914-1919, Transfers & Death Certs.

I just hope they don't start migrating the duplicated collections eg MICs, Service/Pension across to Fold3.

TEW

44 minutes ago, TEW said:

I've been browsing the Fold3 collection and there seems to be plenty of interesting collections. Look under WWI and International.

EG Queen's Canadian Military Hospital; Admin & Discharges 1914-1919, Transfers & Death Certs.

I just hope they don't start migrating the duplicated collections eg MICs, Service/Pension across to Fold3.

TEW

I fear that is the way they are heading.

Craig