Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Picture of an unknown family memeber

Paul Parnell

This is a picture from my wife's side of the family he may be a Dabbs or Jones am I correct in thinking he is in the Kings Liverpool regiment.Any other information would be helpful. Regards PaulKings Reg Liverpool - Copy (2) (399x640).jpg

Looks like the KIng's Liverpool Regiment to me.

Edited by museumtom

306567 would be an 8th (Irish) Bn of the King's (Liverpool Regiment) of the Territorial Force
The 1916 Territorial Force number block for the 8th Bn, Kings is 305001 - 330000

The Liverpool Irish (aka the 8th Bn KLR) wore a different cap badge (featuring an irish harp and shamrocks) to the standard 'Rocking Horse' . This photo is not of a man wearing the 8th King's badge

1 hour ago, Hywyn said:

How about John Richard Dabbs KLR 306567 from 16 Olinda Street, New Ferry. His brother George Edward Dabbs was 205294 in RWF.

I have photos of these brothers, and I believe I can rule them out as possibilities.

Paul, can you tell us any more about them - eg where did your man live?

BillyH.

Edited by BillyH

I can tell you my wife's family where from Higher Bebington  Mr S jones Sandfield Road he could be a jones or a Dabbs maybe a Norman.

We just don't Know if not the Kings any ideas?

Thank you al for helping me

Paul

I have other photos of wife's  family again in uniform I was going to do one at a time but if it helps I can post some more?

1 hour ago, Hywyn said:

According to Absent Voters Samuel Jones at No 9 was 350053 in KLR. Later went to Royal Defence Corps 85058.

Is that 9, Sandfield Road, Higher Bebington?

Hi Paul

I think you're right to pursue the Jones line.

These are all 5 Dabbs who were in KLR.

View Record James E Dabbs The Royal Welsh (Welch) Fusiliers, The King's (Liverpool) Regiment 27952, 114636 mag_m.gif
View Record John R Dabbs The King's (Liverpool) Regiment 3942, 306567 mag_m.gif
View Record Joseph Dabbs The King's (Liverpool) Regiment 235139 mag_m.gif
View Record S E Dabbs  15th Lan Regiment, att L'pool Regiment, The King's (Liverpool) Regiment 1743, 1743, 1743 mag_m.gif
View Record Walter Dabbs The King's (Liverpool) Regiment 94414

Not a Norman amongst them.

OK.

I haven't got a FMP sub, although I might register for free this weekend.

Edited by Dai Bach y Sowldiwr

The shorts suggest service in the Middle East, or just possibly in India.

Ron

Samuel Jones of Sandfield Road has a big collection of service papers on Ancestry.

I live in Higher Bebington - a 5 minute walk from Sandfield Road, frustratingly though I don't have a photo of him.

But please post the other photos of Higher Bebington men, I should be able to I.D. some of them!

Feel free to message me if you want (hover your mouse over my name and select "Message" I should be able to help you.

BillyH.